Lushomo helps partner organisations take their research and evidence and communicate it for real impact among a variety of audiences. We work mainly with United Nations and OECD clients in the areas of health, environment, education and economic development.
After several years of sustained growth we are looking for a candidate to oversee the team that is developing information graphics and associated products in a range of print and online media. In this and all roles we use design thinking and standard design processes to get things done in a
highly collaborative and collegial team environment.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience as a project and people manager – ideally in the health, environment or development sectors – and be able to show examples of great work you have overseen.
- The capacity to lead and grow teams that are doing work that is unpredictable and takes people out of their comfort zones.
- Be a systems builder, and will have managed the development of a variety of communication materials, both print and digital, in a fast-paced, deadline- and deliverable-driven environment.
- A strong visual thinker, comfortable with managing graphic designers, able to create doodles and wireframes, and to deal with working under pressure with clients that respond erratically.
- Able to work collaboratively with our team members, but also have the confidence and experience to drive a complex project independently within our established systems and processes.
Within the management of any particular project, duties will include:
- Supervision of a number of account managers, designers and other team members
- Development of new systems and process to add quality and the capacity to scale within our current work flows
- Taking responsibility for seeing projects through from start to finish within agreed time and budget parameters (often overseeing others in doing this work)
- Setting up the project plans and design pathway within our project management systems and monitoring budgets and progress milestones
- Identifying and synthesizing technical information to visualise as infographics and figures
- Proposing ideas for visualising different pieces of information, including summary graphics, figures and infographics, and creating design briefs
- Delegating tasks to, and managing, graphic designers, editors, illustrators and others as needed
- Adhering to what will be unpredictable and tight timelines, and making plans to complete work within necessary timeframes
- Ensuring that approvals and sign-offs occur at pre-agreed points
- Overseeing quality control at various stages to ensure high-quality and error-free final products
Skills and qualifications:
- At least 5 years of project management experience including making project plans, delegating tasks and managing budgets and timelines
- Leadership and management skills
- Being a systems thinker with the ability to come up with human-centred solutions to scaling our work and improving quality control
- Experience overseeing the management of reports, brochures or other print products
- Ideally have overseen the development and maintenance of websites and social media channels
- Ideally have experience commissioning and managing creatives including from the fields of film, graphic design, web-development, animation, editorial and more.
- A high degree of scientific and numerical literacy, to be able to turn complex technical information into effective communication products
- Ability to work collaboratively with a dispersed team, while ‘owning’ projects and overseeing others - taking responsibility for their delivery on time and on budget
- Experience working within the UN system or for other large multilateral, government or non-profit groups in the health, environment or development fields
- A self-starter who doesn’t need micromanagement to see things through to completion
- Superb attention to detail, while simultaneously being able to keep an eye on the big picture
- Preference given to Masters graduates.
The ideal applicant would be available full time beginning as soon as possible.
If you're interested in joining the team please email your CV and a cover letter – outlining why you’re interested in Lushomo, why you’re the right person for this position and an indication of your current salary - to email@example.com.
For more information, visit www.lushomo.net