Lushomo helps partner organisations take their research and evidence and communicate it for real impact among a variety of audiences. We work mainly with United Nations and OECD clients in the areas of health, environment, education and economic development.
After several years of sustained growth we are looking for a candidate to provide expertise in developing and implementing communication strategies, including overseeing the production of information graphics and other materials in a range of print and online media. In this and all roles we use design thinking and standard design processes to get things done in a highly collaborative and collegial team environment.
We often work under pressure to meet tough deadlines and within tight budgets but the work is varied and each day is different. We are always pushing the boundaries to learn new technical skills (such as interactive data design, UX/UI, augmented reality etc.) and keep our products fresh and relevant in a fast-changing communications landscape. Visit our website, Lushomo.net for lots of examples of the type of work we do.
- Taking responsibility for seeing projects through from start to finish within agreed time and budget parameters (often overseeing others in doing this work)
- Setting up the project plans and design pathways within our project management systems and monitoring budgets and progress milestones
- Providing oversight to junior account managers; helping ensure their projects are implemented successfully and building internal capacity for managing communications projects
- Identifying and synthesizing technical information to visualise as infographics and figures
- Proposing ideas for visualising different pieces of information, including summary graphics, figures and infographics, and creating design briefs
- Delegating tasks to, and managing, graphic designers,editors, illustrators and others as needed
- Ensuring that approvals and sign-offs occur at pre-agreed points
- Overseeing quality control at various stages to ensure high-quality and error-free final products
- Developing new systems and processes to add quality and the capacity to scale within our current workflows
- A master’s degree in communications,development, science or other area related to our work
- At least 5 years of relevant experience as a communications project manager and be able to show examples of great work you have overseen.
- Experience working within the UN system or for other large multilateral, government or non-profit groups in the health, environment or development fields
- The capacity to lead and grow teams that are doing work that is unpredictable and takes people out of their comfort zones.
- Be a systems builder and systems thinker, with the ability to come up with human-centred solutions to scaling our work and improving quality control
- A strong visual thinker,comfortable with managing graphic designers, able to create doodles and wireframes
- Able to work collaboratively with our team members, but also have the confidence and experience to drive a complex project independently within our established systems and processes.
- Ideally have experience commissioning and managing creatives including from the fields of film, graphic design,web-development, animation, editorial and more.
- A high degree of scientific and numerical literacy, to be able to turn complex technical information into effective communication products
- A self-starter who doesn’t need micromanagement to see things through to completion
- Superb attention to detail, while simultaneously being able to keep an eye on the big picture
The ideal applicant would be available full time beginning as soon as possible.
If you're interested in joining the team please email your CV and a cover letter– outlining why you’re interested in Lushomo, why you’re the right person for this position and an indication of your current salary - to email@example.com.
For more information, visit www.lushomo.net.